Permitted payments for tenants of assured shorthold tenancies as of the government legislation of 1st June 2019
2. A refundable tenancy deposit of 5 weeks rent up to 50k per annum and 6 weeks over 50k per annum.
3. A refundable holding deposit of no more than one week’s rent.
4. A payment that is required in the event of a default by the tenant such as late rental payment, or a breach of the tenancy agreement.
5. Payment on assignment, variation or novation of a tenancy at the tenant’s request capped at £50 inc VAT.
6. Payment in respect of early termination of a tenancy agreement at the tenants request capped at the landlord’s loss.
7. Payment to a local authority in respect of council tax.
8. Payments in respect of energy and other utilities
9. Payments to the BBC in respect of a television licence.
10. Payments in resect of communication services.
11. Payments in respect to damage caused by tenant/s to be defined by mutual agreement or Deposit holder in cases of a dispute.