1. Who we are?
Hobarts are a successful sales and lettings agents with a number of offices operating in North London.
This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use our services and this website.
Hobarts is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services or this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and subsequently the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from 25 May 2018, the data controller is Hobarts.
We collect, process and retain personal information about you only when you:
- submit your information to us using the “Contact Us” form
- directly contact us by phone
- enter into any agreement with us – for example, landlord or AST agreements
This information can include:
- phone number
- email address
- bank details
- client location
- visiting IP address
Unless a person voluntarily submits personal data to us (for example, by sending us an e-mail, application form, or completing the contact form), we cannot personally identify an individual.
We use the information only for the purpose you provided to us.
It may include:
- responding to your request
- providing you with lettings and sales services
We collect information about you to process your enquiry or manage the service we provide for you.
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary.
This is what we do for the following:
- Prospects: We use your personal information to respond to any general enquiries you may have made to us via our contact us form, email, telephone or any other method of communication. We will use this information to follow-up your enquiry.
- Landlords: We use your personal information to carry out anti-money laundering (AML) checks we are duty bound do before we can enter into a contractual agreement with you. We will also use your information to carry out administrative and management of our business agreement.
- Tenants: We use your personal information to verify your identity and ensure you are able to afford the tenancy services we provide you. This may also include us sharing the minimum amount of your data with 3rd party suppliers (e.g. carpet fitter) and or sub-contractors (e.g. maintenance) in order to carry out the services we have contracted to in the AST agreement.
- Current Employees & Former Employees: We use (or used) your personal information to process your salary payments, so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work and manage your work performance.
- Job Applicants: We use your personal information to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for and potentially shortlist you for the job role. All the information you provide us will only be used for progressing your job application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
- Website Visitors: We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website. Hobarts will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other company.
We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
We store personal information in digital format on secure cloud servers and systems hosted in the European Union (EU) and outside the EU. Access to personal data is highly restricted internally for approved business purposes only.
Any personal data collected in paper form (e.g. CVs, feedback forms, business cards, etc.) are securely filed at our office location in the UK.
Personal data is retained for a maximum period of 2 years unless required for specific legal or regulatory purposes. For example, employee information will be kept for 6 years after the employee has terminated their employment contract.
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure. We have procedures and security in place to keep personal data secure once it is in our systems.
We won’t share personal information with any 3rd party organisation for market research, marketing, or commercial purposes without specific consent from you.
You have the right at any time to:
- Ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records
- Ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your information
- Make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold
- Object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
Please make any of the requests outlined above by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing marked for the attention of our Data Compliance Officer at the following address:
3 Crescent Road
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact the Customer Services Manager at email@example.com
Our Customer Service Manager will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ and file a complaint with them.
Our Service does not address and is not directed towards anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our systems.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on 24th May 2018.
Hobarts is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you email us or write to:
Data Compliance Officer
3 Crescent Road